This training was developed within the framework of the Erasmus+ KA2 project #SYMPATIC, funded by the Erasmus+ France / Education & Training Agency and led by Eurocircle (France) with the participation of its five European partners Ubus (Germany), MetropolisNet (Germany), Ciofs FP (Italy), ADICE (France) and EDITC – Education and Information Technology Centre (Cyprus).
During the 3 days of training, more than a dozen youth and international mobility professionals were able to meet and exchange ideas virtually. They benefited from a training to become a job coach (the job coach is the professional who sends young people abroad for a mobility and / or the person in charge of vocational training) in order to strengthen their support to young participants in international mobility in their socio-professional integration.
This training allowed various European professionals to work in a spirit of co-construction and experience sharing on the definition and role of a job coach, to share possible tools for assessing mobility competences and to exchange on the importance of social networks in the recruitment process.
On the programme of the three days led by the partners Ubus and ADICE:
Day 1 – Role of the Job Coach
- Presentation of the phases of the Job Coach support during the various mobility actions,
- Group activities and role plays (writing a job offer for a job coach to identify key competences, experiences and tasks; role-playing on what the job coach should do in different situations)
Day 2 – Skills assessment
- Key competences: identification and valorisation
- 7 scenarios: presentation of the 7 possibilities for a young person after a mobility (entrepreneurship, higher education/ETP, moving abroad, validation of experience, working in the public service, finding a job, participation in another mobility/ETP programme…).
- How to help participants to link their competences to their future scenario? What tools can be used?
- Group activities and role plays (various profiles of participants: job coach guide through key competences, future scenarios and tools; testimonies of former mobility participants on the impact of mobility on their competences and their future project; adaptation of the 7 scenarios in the project partner countries)
Day 3 – Social networks
- Why and how to use social networks?
- How to control your digital identity?
- Recommendations to improve the impact and quality of the use of social networks
- Group activities and role plays (What should a job coach do in different situations?; pitch elevator)
Want to know more? You will soon be able to access the Mobility Pack, which will deepen the various topics covered in this training course.