The situation of youth employment, young people under 30, remains alarming. Many countries in Europe have very high rates of youth unemployment. The reality is that we are talking about a group that has an uncertain future, with a difficult integration in the labor market, although many of them have higher education and master. Moreover, the working conditions are precarious: little stability, temporary contracts, poor family reconciliation and low wages. In a context where access to work has become, the race to employability contains a lot of obstacles and difficulties, there are many candidates and a lot of competitiveness.
SYMPATIC aims at creating:
- A facilitated labor integration for young people after a mobility
- A process of recruitment that starts before the mobility / VET & a better communication between young people and employers
- A trustful relationship between the young person, the job coach and the tutor / employer
- A network of companies in different countries that are recruiting on a regular basis and their vacancies
- A pool of young people on the online platform that are “available” and competent to apply for the job vacancies
For the success of SYMPATIC, three key groups of participants must be involved:
- Young people under 30 who participate in a mobility program or a VET.
- The social workers/ mobility providers / VET providers (from partner organisation) who will help young people before, during and after the mobility. the staff, during the project, will be trained to become Job Coach, equipped to provide more accurate professional guidance for young adults job seekers more mobile.
- The tutors in the companies who will work on the follow up of the young people, build a trustful relation, attend a training to adapt job vacancies with hard and soft skills that can better match with young people. The role of the tutor is to help and support the young job seekers before, during and after the mobility / VET in order for them to develop appropriate competences for a future professional integration.
- Create a link between companies that recruit on a regular basis (i.e tourism sectors: guides, drivers, information centres, accommodation, catering / restaurant industry, selling, seasonal jobs) and young people looking for a job. This includes:
- Draw a panorama of the job market (needs and demands) and job vacancies in the sectors
- Train employers to be tutors of young people
- Facilitate the integration of young people in the labour market at national level and abroad. Specifically, our aims are to:
- Train social workers/mobility providers / VET providers to be job coach
- Enable young people to get trained during a mobility and come back with the necessary competences to integrate the labour market
- Facilitate the recognition of the acquired competences
Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action: Strategic Partnerships for adult education
Project Title: Support and Value Young Adults Mobility and Training for Integration into Companies
Project Acronym: SYMPATIC
Start Date: 06/10/2019
End Date: 05/12/2021
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. The publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.